What are the main effects of Expandable Graphite?
1, Expandable Graphite for refractories: Expandable Graphite and its products with high temperature, high strength properties, in the metallurgical industry is mainly used to manufacture Expandable Graphite crucible, commonly used in steelmaking in the expansion of graphite for the ingot of the protective agent , Metallurgical furnace lining.
2. Expandable Graphite for conductive materials: used in the electrical industry for the manufacture of electrodes, brushes, carbon rods, carbon tubes, mercury positive flow of the positive, Expandable Graphite gaskets, telephone parts, TV picture tube coating.
3. Expandable Graphite for wear-resistant lubricating materials: Expandable Graphite in the machinery industry often as a lubricant. Lubricants are often not used in high-speed, high temperature, high pressure conditions, and Expandable Graphite wear-resistant materials can be 200 ~ 2000 ℃ temperature at a high sliding speed, no oil work. Many of the equipment for the transport of corrosive media, widely used in the expansion of graphite material made of piston cups, seals and bearings, they do not need to add lubricating oil. Expandable Graphite milk is also a lot of metal processing (wire drawing, pull tube) when the good lubricant.
4. Expandable Graphite has good chemical stability. After a special processing of Expandable Graphite, with corrosion resistance, good thermal conductivity, low permeability and other characteristics, a large number of used for the production of heat exchangers, reaction tank, condensate, combustion tower, absorption tower, cooler, Filter, pump equipment. Widely used in petrochemical, hydrometallurgical, acid-base production, synthetic fiber, paper and other industrial sectors, can save a lot of metal materials.
5. For the casting, sand, stamping and high temperature metallurgical materials: the expansion of graphite due to the small coefficient of thermal expansion, and the ability to quench the rapid changes in the mold can be used as a glass mold, the use of Expandable Graphite after the black metal to obtain precision casting, High yield, no processing or a little processing can be used, thus saving a lot of metal. Production of cemented carbide powder metallurgy process, usually with Expandable Graphite material made of stamper and sintering with the porcelain boat. Monocrystalline silicon crystal growth crucible, regional refining containers, bracket fixtures, induction heaters are made of high purity and Expandable Graphite processing. In addition, Expandable Graphite can also be used for vacuum smelting of expansible graphite insulation board and base, high temperature resistance furnace tube, rod, plate, grid and other components.
6, for the atomic energy industry and the defense industry: Expandable Graphite with a good neutron modifier for atomic reactors, uranium-Expandable Graphite reactor is currently used more of an atomic reactor. As the power of the atomic energy reactor in the slowdown material should have a high melting point, stable, corrosion-resistant properties, Expandable Graphite can meet the above requirements. As an atomic reactor for the expansion of graphite purity requirements are high, impurity content should not exceed dozens of PPM. Especially in which the boron content should be less than 0.5PPM. In the defense industry, also use Expandable Graphite manufacturing solid fuel rocket nozzles, missiles, nose cone, parts of space equipment, insulation materials and anti-radiation materials.
7. Expandable Graphite can also prevent the boiler fouling, the unit test shows that in the water by adding a certain amount of Expandable Graphite powder (about 4 to 5 grams per ton of water) to prevent the surface of the boiler fouling. In addition, Expandable Graphite coated in metal chimneys, roof, bridges, pipes can be anti-corrosion rust.
8. Expandable Graphite can be used as pencil lead, paint, polishing agent. Expandable Graphite after special processing, you can make a variety of special materials for the relevant industrial sector.
9. Replace copper as electrode.